Experience You Need. Results You Want.
When choosing an attorney, experience and rapport must be at the top of the list. Clients need to feel comfortable, listened to, and in good hands when speaking to their lawyer. Without a strong relationship built on trust and effective communication, there’s little chance for a legal professional to see clients through difficult times.
Here at Hesser & Kipke, every case is treated uniquely as we continuously try to exceed our clients’ expectations. Our lawyers understand that amidst the ever-changing legal climate of civil law, comprehensive and transparent legal representation is key to winning cases. Learn more about our lawyers their qualifications and work experience, and contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Ken Hesser is a workers’ compensation lawyer, certified as an expert in the field by the Florida Bar Board. He is one of the very few practicing attorneys to hold such a distinction. Since he became licensed in 2000, he has represented clients all throughout the state in matters regarding workers’ compensation. His work representing multiple insurance companies in court has allowed him to develop a greater insight regarding insurance filing and compensation. In addition, he has helped clients with Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcies, work-related disputes, and personal injury matters.
Over the years, Ken has helped injured workers dispute denied and inadequate workers’ compensation settlement offers inside and outside the courtroom by leveraging both his aggressive litigation skillset and insider-knowledge of the insurance industry.
Ken has represented creditors and debtors in financial restructuring, debt workouts, bankruptcy cases and other matters involving legal proceedings related to financially distressed transactions, including Chapter 7, 11 & 13 bankruptcies.
Ken was born in Philadelphia, PA, in 1975. There he attended the prestigious Schreyer Honors College at Penn State University where he received a bachelor’s degree in both Political Science and Media Studies in 1997. He then attended Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, NC, where he received a Juris Doctorate in 2000. He spent his final year of law school in Gainesville, FL, studying at the world-renowned University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- Knights Of Columbus, Queen Of Peace Catholic Community (Gainesville)
- Bench Bar Fund Committee, Member, 2015
- American Inns Of Court (Gainesville), Member, 2014–Present
- Bankruptcy Bar Association Of The Southern District Of Florida, Member, 2012
- American Inns Of Court (Ocala), Program Chair, 2012–2013
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member, 2012–Present
- Queen Of Peace Academy Board, Member, 2018–Present
- Florida Bar Board Certified, Workers’ Compensation, 2018–Present
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2012
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2011
- Richard Custureri Pro Bono Service Award, Marion County Bar Association, 2009
- Pro Bono Award, Marion County Pro Bono Legal Services, 2008
- Pro Bono Service Award, Marion County Bar Association
- Bausch And Lomb Scholarship, University Of Rochester, 1992
- Penn State Thesis, “The Effects Of Website Interactivity Of Political Activity”, 1997
- Florida Bar Journal News And 440 Report, “Arbitration Under The New Bankruptcy Law”
- Lunch And Learn Seminar, Vital Signs, 2006
- Florida Bar Workers’ Compensation Forum, 2019
Jennifer Kipke was born in Havre de Grace, Maryland in 1975. She attended the University of Florida where she received both a Bachelor of Science in Advertising and Bachelor of Arts in English in 1997. She then continued her education at the University of Florida, obtaining both a Juris Doctorate and Master of Arts in Mass Communication in 2000. While in law school, Ms. Kipke was on the Moot Court Team and had the honor of presenting oral arguments before members of the Florida Supreme Court as well as members of the federal judiciary in competitions in other states.
After more than 18 years as an Assistant State Attorney, Jennifer entered private practice and focuses on all aspects of Family Law, as well as general civil litigation matters. As an ASA, Jennifer specialized in the prosecution of sex crimes, crimes against children, and sexually violent predator cases for over 10 years. During her legal career, she has represented the State in over 65 jury trials, many of which were prosecutions of capital or life felonies.
For cases relating to family law and divorce, Jennifer Kipke is our star attorney. Since entering private practice, Jennifer has helped clients throughout the North Central Florida area with matters regarding divorce, various children-related issues, and other areas of family law. She is a proud Gator alumnus, committed to improving her local community, one family at a time.